Tuesday, April 14, 2009

fear


Why is it that the one thing we fear takes the longest to kill us?


Landing after hours on my monotonous flight back to Boston, I began to realize that every person surrounding me and perhaps on the entire plane immediately took out their phones and began calling everyone they knew.  Often times I wonder if it's just an excuse to feel connected again.  I have done the same.  Sitting on a flight for mere hours by yourself is a little unsettling with no one to converse with so the first instinct is to banish that alone feeling by scrolling through your list of contacts and pressing 'talk'.  Now if only everything in life had a button like that.  Maybe it should say 'attention' instead.  We are all terrified of the prospect of being alone.  Of this I am sure, if I were to live this life out alone, I would have died years ago.  But that's part of the saving grace, I've got a God that's always on the receiving end of my 'attention' call even when I don't deserve it.. that's the secret of never being alone.

No comments:

Post a Comment