Thursday, April 30, 2009

The Irony of Life




It's strange to feel disconnected from God when I am in a program in which I'm in His presence 24/7.

With production rehearsals consuming our final days before outreach, I've found having Jesus time a lot more difficult and scarce but a great revelation blossomed from it. This is what the real world is going to be like.  Am I going to be able to "fit in" time with God when I'm working 40+ hours a week, when life hits me upside the face?  I would hate to say that I would have to fit him in, pre-plan my time and "pencil God in."  Of all the things that I have learned while at DTS, perhaps the most important and revolutionary idea that I have adopted and begun to live out would be the fact that Christ is truly my best friend and he's completely real!  He never lets me down, always listens to me when I'm upset, sticks with me when I'm a brat, and even answers my stupid questions such as, "Why is the sky blue?"  He is faithful and never ceases to amaze me even when I don't deserve an ounce of his affection.

So, if Jesus is my best friend, why wouldn't I want to spend time with him all the time?  When I can speak of how awesome Jesus is (you know, he's a rebel and intellectual and super cool..), why wouldn't I want to chill with him more?  It's like when you have a best friend that you think is off-the-chain, and all you can do is talk about how stellar they are and you are attached at their hip.  That's how I want my relationship with Christ to be.  That's the basis behind this blog.  Although life is tough and time is scarce, there will always be time for Jesus.. because without Jesus, there is no life.

1 comment:

  1. Tori this is something I'm having to learn with Bry moving. It shouldn't take a friend having to leave to figure it out, but it has. I love spending time with Jesus, but just like with everything else I love doing, playing guitar, reading, drawing, writing, I get lost in television or other mindless activities (facebook) and I don't spend time with Him. I get caught up in thinking people will make me happiest, a best friend, a boyfriend, what have you. Jesus should be my best friend. He is totally off the chain! I love reading your blogs Tori because they inspire me to think about my own shortcomings. I love you!!! I love your bloggage. For a person who said she wasn't so great at it, I would disagree. You are swell.

    ReplyDelete