Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Continuation.



Yesterday, I was driving the long and winding highway between Cheyenne and Torrington and allowing my mind to wander a similar path. Thoughts of all of the things that have impacted me in the past year, learning that I'm growing up and often knowing that I'm growing apart.. apart from the world I once knew and all of the people I have ever loved. These things require care, they require time, patience and most of all, love. Leaving Cheyenne for Boston in a few weeks will not mark the end of anything here.. nothing at all. It's a continuation.. there is no end to friendship.. no end to family.. no end to love. Life has moments when you fast forward, pause, rewind, and even stop occasionally.. but only for a brief second before pushing start again.. God has made it very evident to me that I will be back one day, Colorado to be exact, so my promises are sure but God has so much to do in my heart while I am out east.


It all started over again.. a moment in my life where I pushed the slow motion button and allowed myself to simply coast. It was in the car.. the same road separating me from two destinations that I re-united with my Father. What is it about cars, ha? It is such a freeing feeling when you know you are audibly conversing with God.. I know He wasn't answering aloud but I was free to talk as loud as I wanted. We talked about life, about love, about truth and it was mind blowing. I always know that He is there but it's that exact moment the rain hits after a long drought that makes it that much more tangible and heart warming.. It was beautiful. God is beautiful.

1 comment:

  1. Tori... yes, God is beautiful, omnipresent. God is the genderless, strongest, most intelligent and all loving force that binds us all.

    God is beauty.

    Bless you.

    Namaste.

    Maria

    ReplyDelete