Monday, August 10, 2009

Hike.


Sometimes I just get the urge to proclaim how amazing the God we serve is.  It doesn't matter the season, the day, my emotions or the events of the world.. God overcomes them all and I am always reminded of His majesty.  Tonight, a couple of friends and I made the drive up to Vedauwoo to find God in a new way.   We decided to go off a beaten road and hike up to the top of the rocks and read some Scripture.  Not only were we growing together helping one another conquer the hike, but we were also growing closer to God and remembering that our relationship with Him is often like a hike.  On the way up, you think a hundred times, "I can't do this, I can't jump from there," but then a friend is always there to hold your hand and help you to the next peak.  After saying those things over and over and finally reaching the very top of the hike, you can truly stop, take a breath and marvel at the beauty of God's creation.. at the path He took you on and how much you grew along the way.  Watching the sunset, while laughing and talking about going out on new adventures, the six of us formed a new bond and enjoyed every moment of it.  There is nothing like having friends that have a passion for God and are willing to go to the ends of the earth to find Him.  I love those girls with all of my heart and I can't wait to see what God does in their lives.

No comments:

Post a Comment