Saturday, February 7, 2009

Hitting Home.

powerful.

powerful.

powerful.

Joe and Shellie Ford were here this week talking about spiritual warfare and it was overwhelming.  I could actually feel that I was battling with evil forces.. ok, this sounds crazy, I know, but hear me out.  Every time I tried to spend time with God whether it be in prayer, quiet time, or lecture, my mind was flooded with useless thoughts that I knew weren't my own.  I tried to reach God and the rush would happen every single time.  On Friday, we had a prayer session with Shellie and let me tell you, she has an out of this world ability to convey the words and spirit of God.  Once again, I was trying with all of my might to reach God and I just couldn't focus.  That's when Shellie came up behind me, held me, and spoke into my ear, "God has a word for you."


Powerful.

Then she went on to pray for me and remind of the greatness of God.  God is powerful and wants to take all of my burdens and distraction from me.  Even if I'm not strong enough to get through the evil flood that I'm drowning in, God can sweep me out of it and hold me in His arms.  God will meet me where I am if I seek Him.  I need to have faith that He is powerful, that He is stronger than all the things that weigh on my heart.  I will forever be changed because of this experience.  God is HUGE, I can't even describe the feeling I have right now.  Ever since Shellie prayed with me, I haven't been under the attack of useless thoughts or evil forces.. it is amazing.  It is because God is bigger than everything, and He's got a hold of me.

1 comment:

  1. shalom tori.
    i jumped on the bandwagon and got a blog.
    i'm one of your followers!

    ReplyDelete