Friday, February 27, 2009

As Vast as the Ocean

It seems that I see God most vividly at our community worship nights every other Thursday and last night was no different.  While I was singing, God gave me a vision of a deserted beach under an overcast sky, waves softly washing onto the beach.  And there I was standing on the beach with Jesus, sweeet (at least what I picture Jesus to look like).  He was holding me in His arms, hugging me and telling me I will never be alone with Him in my heart.

I stepped away, bowed before Him, and held my heart in my hands offering it to Jesus.  That's when He took it from my hands, helped me to my feet and we walked to the water.  Jesus walked into the water, with my heart in His hands and let the waves wash over it.  As we walked out of the water, He told me the water cleansed my heart so it will beat for only Him.  Then He pressed my heart back into my chest and He told me to fly into the world.  He lifted me up while a light engulfed me and I turned into a dove, and flew away from the beach and out into the world.

It was strangely beautiful and extremely moving.  It sounds so weird, especially turning into a dove but God is always showing me doves and I find it fitting that I have a dove tattoo.  He even called me His Dove.  So I'm trying to decipher what that could mean as far as my destiny goes.

No comments:

Post a Comment